Today was my first day at my new job at the NeuroMedical Center Clinic. To quote little orphan Annie, "I think I'm gonna like it here!" Seriously, it felt good to be there. Everyone was extremely welcoming, warm and helpful. I took in a whole heap of information so my brain felt like mush by the end of the day. I was burnt out. Wait. I'm getting ahead of myself.
Let's start at the very beginning. A very good place to start. I woke up this morning at 5am after finally falling asleep at 11:15pm. I was worried about the commute so I decided I should leave at 6am to make sure I'd get there by 8:30am. Umm, yeah, about that plan. I got to my job at 7:05am!!!! So, I had an hour or so to kill. I went to Albertson's to break a large dollar bill. Lo and behold, I found scrubs in the exact color I needed! Huzzah! I bought a pair so that I'd have more to work with(hehehe...pun intended). By the time I was done I was able to get to the parking garage and apply some makeup so that I'd be presentable for my picture I.D. Blah.
So, about an hour after lunch I was struggling to keep my eyes open. I even had to hold them open with my fingers at one point. I got up and walked around which helped to wake me up in order to be able to finish the day right. Ok, so maybe a can of sweet nectar aka Coke helped out with that as well. I'm weak I know.
The drive home took a little longer. I made it home in an hour and 15 minutes. Not as bad as it could have been so I cannot complain. I'm really hoping something works out for me soon so that I won't have to commute so far. Living in Walker or Denham Springs is closer than Ponchatoula. We'll see what happens, though. Heavenly Father knows my plight. He'll take care of me.
Well, I am quite knackered at this very moment so I will end now. Good night, fair readers! Sleep tight!
1 comment:
Hey, sweet pea. Congrats on your first day. Way to be over prepared! You crack me up, BFITWWW!
Post a Comment