Sunday, December 17, 2006

Home is where the heart is...

and my heart is definitely in Ponchatoula, LA. Don't get me wrong, Utah is great and all, but it's not home. I was so relieved when the plane touched down at Louis Armstrong Airport! We almost didn't make it b/c of fog advisary. Thankfully, many prayers were answered. My skin rejoiced as it soaked in all the loverly moisture from the air.

It was incredible how immediately upon entering the door it felt like home and not just b/c it IS home. Where I live in South Jordan does not feel like a home. It feels like a dwelling. It's like a huge tomb. There's no life, joy or hominess about it. Our entire house in Louisiana is decorated for the Christmas season in typical Momma fashion. It's so wonderfully comforting. Lil Brudder and I sadly feel/note the lack that comes from dwelling where we do. It's fantastic to be surrounded by all my brothers and sister. I'm going to have an amazing time here just enjoying the company.

One thing I missed immediately about Utah was my singles ward. Wow. It's incredible the difference you feel. There are no crazies giving weird testimonies. There's no drama, contention, etc. It's just a nice, peaceful time every Sunday. The teachers are all great. My family ward is cukoo! It was nice to see all my friends at church today, though...

Well, I haven't heard from Linkup Guy still. I finally wrote him today to see what was up. I told him that if he didn't want to keep in touch anymore just to let me know b/c I didn't want to be a psycho stalker chick. I figure it's good to get it out right now that way I can stop wondering. It will suck if this the 3rd time for something to happen to me like this, but I can PROMISE you it will be the LAST TIME I get "involved" with someone via the internet. I don't have time in my life to be dealing with that unnecessary headache.


Well, I'm completely exhausted so I shall go to be immediately.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you got home okay. I know it must be like heaven to be back in Louisiana again. I wouldn't give up on Linkup Guy just yet. He's been cool so far. Maybe he just got busy with travelling and seeing his fam.