Friday, December 01, 2006

It's December, Charlie Brown!

Hooray! It's December! It's been snowing the past two days! I can't drive anywhere b/c I'm scared to death of driving in the snow. Alas and alack I canna go window shopping today. (Big frowny face)

So, something interesting. I joined this site, LDSLinkup a year or so ago to keep in touch with mission buddies and my friend, Ding, who is going to BYU. All of a sudden this month I have guys writing me. It's weird! Anyhoo, this one guy wrote and his email was super genuine and flattering but not in an overbearing way. So, I responded. We ended up emailing back and forth for 4 hours. He may turn out to be a cool friend. I'm not doing this with dating in mind. I've been burned twice in as many months. He's coming home to Orem for Christmas and wants to meet me. I'm not sure. The cool thing is that he said that he just treats meeting people online as any chance meeting on the streets and that way there's no pressure. I like his outlook. I don't mind having a pen pal. It'd be fun. Funny thing is that since this guy's written me like 4 other guys have, too! It's all very strange. Maybe it's because I am now in the Salt Lake area. I dunno, but I'm not getting into that boat again.

I go home for Christmas in 15 days! Hooray! I can't wait to see my nephews, especially the baby! He'll make 7 months while I'm down visiting. He was only 3 months when I left. So I know he's changed a ton.

The snow really has been beautiful. The houses all have Christmas lights. It really makes it feel like Christmas. The house where I'm living doesn't have any Christmas decorations inside yet. There are lights outside, but they seem to have broken.

No comments: