Tuesday, November 28, 2006

hope on the horizon...

MONDAY

so, I had the interview today. I must say that I think it went exceptionally well. I was in there for an hour mostly b/c after she interviewed me we gabbed about Chile b/c she's obsessed with all things South American. She told me she'd call me next week sometime before I went on my trip home. Plus, she gave me all her contact info again. I'm fairly confident that I got the job. I think she wants me to start after I get back that way I'm not breaking up the learning process. I really hope I get it. It'll be $10 an hour! Hooray! I can start paying off my debts and save up for a car and moving out!

By the way, I saw Cute Canuck today. He works in the same department that I applied for. I waved and smiled and he did the same. Hmmm...must contemplate the ramifications of this. Intra office fliritng is acceptable, right? Seriously, I joke more than I mean. I just think he's cute. Nothing has come of it nor will it. I'm just a little bit wary of getting worked up over a guy all over again. So, I'll just say he's cute and leave it at that. But it will be fun to flirt if I can. hehehe...

I'm still getting over a bit of a cold. Thankfully, I was improved enough so that it didn't impair my ability to think and speak coherently. That would have been BAD. I came home after stopping at Walmart for a few hygeine products. I did forget baby powder, dangit! Once I got home I just chilled. I made homemade turkey vegetable noodle soup with our leftovers. I put herbs in it that Kiwi gave me so helpfully. They made the soup taste wonderful. I'm hoping it knocks the rest of my cold out. I seem to still have a stopped up nose. Grrr...

I forgot to add that on Sunday Lil Brudder and I were invited over to eat Thanksgiving dinner with the family of our bishop back home. It was really nice to be around people from home who know you and have known you for years. The food was delectable. We took a plate of food and dessert home with us. It's a miracle I didn't gain any weight!

Anyhoo, I'm fighting a losing battle with my eyelids. Time to dance with Morpheus...

No comments: