Thanksgiving day came, saw and conquered. I ate. A lot. Ann with an E and Kiwi and Co joined Lil Brudder and I for dinner. It was quite stressful having to cook all that stuff. I've never had to do it before. I must say that I have an enormous amount of respect for my mother and all she does to provide us with a delicious meal. Ann with an E made Mississippi Mud Pie and it was great. Kiwi made the turkey and it was delicious. I made sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, and macaroni and cheese casserole. I used my mom's recipes. Yum!
I spent Friday with Ann with an E. We saw Work and the Glory III: A House Divided. It was okay, but not as good as the previous two. It was also quite a departure from the third book in the series. We then went down to Kiwi's house to spend the night. Kiwi made stock from the leftover bird. We had soup today and it was scrumptious.
I'm a bit sick today. I started with a sore throat last night and woke up feeling lousy. I've been pumping myself full of vitamins and herbs in the hopes that I'll lick this before Monday. I have that interview and I cannot be sick for that. Also, my old bishop's wife is in town visiting her daughters and she invited Lil Brudder and I over for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow evening. I don't want to be sick for that either.
It's so cold today! The funny thing is this isn't even the tip of the iceberg(no pun intended) when it comes to Utah cold. I have no idea how I'm going to survive! I will need to get some snow boots very soon!
1 comment:
How did the interview go?
Post a Comment