Thursday, January 04, 2007

As long as I live...

I will never understand the male sex. Seriously, they confuse me to no end. I got a text today from Linkup Guy asking me what my plans were for the next few days including today. Bugger. My rotten luck to still be in Louisiana. I texted him and told him that I was flying home Sunday, that I started work on Monday and asked when he was flying back to TX. I got no reply. He truly confounds me. I'm glad I didn't write him off just yet. I have no idea why he goes so many days without contacting me or why he doesn't reply to my messages. I'm sure there's a legitimate reason, but that doesn't make me any less unsure or paranoid. I really need to work on that...

So, I had a wonderfully fun day with the Wonder Pickle despite the blasted rain. We went to Baton Rouge and ate at Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro. I ate the crawfish eggrolls and then ordered a cheesecake(of course). I got the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut and had them sprinkle coconut on it as well. Simply put: sex on a plate. To die for! Seriously. I really had a good time with her just talking and catching up. I hate that I'm way over in UT and we don't get to see each other, but I think the distance just helps us appreciate our friendship more. She's a splendiferous friend.

The days are winding down til I return to the Land of Snow. I got a text from Lil Brudder with a pic of the snowfall at our home. It looked pretty. I'm jealous that he got to play in it, but the good thing is that it will be snowing way into March at least. I hope my winter boots come in soon so my toes don't freeze off.

I watched the new episode of The Office tonight. That is seriously one of the funniest shows out there right now. I fall in love with the character of Jim more and more each time I watch it. I seriously want someone like him. Just your average, genuinely decent guy who has a fantastic sense of humor and knows how to love someone. That's all I want: a Jim.

Okay, so it's pouring down rain here and getting later and later so I shall go to be directly. Good night!

1 comment:

emmy said...

Amen. I will never understand men, either. In particular, KPG...