I've decided this color looks like grapefruit.
So, it's now the end of the 3rd day of the new year and I'm just getting around to posting. That's me: the Procrastinator! I must say that I'm feeling quite optimisitc about 2007. I feel that life will really start taking off for me. I feel like Tony in West Side Story. "Something's coming I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!" I might have mentioned that already in a blog, but that's exactly how I feel.
I really don't want to leave home, but the fact of the matter is that my life would not progress if I were to be here. I know that plain and simple. I'd end up a spinster(and no I don't mean a DJ! Although that would be fun...) The Lord has led me to where I need to be at exactly this time in my life. The only thing that keeps me from wanting to return to UT is my family. I'm extremely close to them, but I also know they're only a phone call or plane ticket away. That's the comforting thing.
I got a call from my new job and they want me to come in at 9am on the 8th. It'll be great to finally be able to earn money and take care of my needs. I'm going to save up most of each paycheck so that I can get a car. That is my top priority now. I need to be able to get myself where I need to go. Plus, there's a lot to be said for the independence of owning your own vehicle. It's the greatest.
I still haven't heard from Linkup Guy. I responded to his last email and even wrote a quick one asking him when he returns to Texas. No reply. The thing is I can tell that he's been online so there's no saying he didn't get my messages. I'm not sure what to think, but I'm not going to do anything rash like write him an accusing email. However, I will give him til I get back and see if he contacts me. If not, oh well. I promise that this will be the last online venture I take. The funny thing is I've yet to date someone I've met online so this cannot be considered online dating. It's more like online flirting. Seriously, though, 3 strikes and I'm outta there. I sure hope he emails me soon. He seemed really nice.
The thing is I know that there's someone out there for me. It's more than likely someone I'll run into via my job or my ward or who knows what? I just need to be doing what I'm supposed to do so that if/when we run into each other he'll recognize what I have to offer and won't pass up the opportunity to get to know me. I know I ramble quite a bit on this thing about meeting someone, but I just feel that it's time now. It's been almost 4 years since my last relationship. I'm feelin' the drought! It's time for some h2o!
Well, I'm going to go to bed now. I'm beat and I have a fun day planned with the Wonder Pickle.
P.S.--LSU kicked Notre Dame's butt in the Sugar Bowl! Geaux Tigers! Yay!
1 comment:
it dOES look like grapefruit
Post a Comment