Friday, May 18, 2007

Delicioso...(long)

TGIF! I am sitting at home talking with Ann with an E. I wish we could hang out, but we both don't have transportation. Le sigh. We are going to a plantation next Thursday. It's going to be so much fun!

I'm so happy. I got online Wednesday night to check my email and logged onto MSN. Then, I had to go drop off Sean at the church so I left it logged on. Something told me to log off, but I didn't. Then, during the drive there it hit me and I KNEW Delicioso would be online. I get back home and GUESS WHAT. He had been online, but I missed him by 20 minutes. He'd said hello and asked me how I was. Then he said it looked like I was busy, no big deal. I was soo bummed to have missed an opportunity to chat with him.

Chica M also left me a message telling me she had something to tell me. I always know when she says that it means she has something to tell me concerning Delicioso. As it turns out, he brought up the subject of me at work with his brother that day. He told his brother that he was really afraid that I wouldn't want to be with him after seeing him. He thinks that I'm going to come to Chile, see him and go back home as if it wasn't a big deal. Because of this insecurity he doesn't want to risk being alone. Lalo told him that there's always a risk involved when you want to obtain something. (Lalo told Chica M to tell me that Delicioso seems more interested in me.) Then, Lalo told him that if he was really interested in me then he should write me more. He also told him that it was a major decision and that he should ask the Man Upstairs. Lalo also told him that he wasn't the only one taking risks. I was also risking a lot. Delicioso asked, "Her? Why?" Lalo then told him b/c one of the reasons for me coming to Chile was to see him and I have no idea how things are going to work out. Also, I'm spending a ton of money on a plane ticket. Lalo also told him that there are always going to be risks involved in life. They don't stop just b/c you're married.

Delicioso then replied that he always knew that if he broke up with his girlfriend someday it would be b/c of something to do with the church. In fact, the girlfriend even told him that. He then told Lalo that when he's with her he doesn't feel the same as he used to before. Almost as if the relationship was changing and becoming cold. He also told Lalo that he was thinking of setting up a new email account so that we could email and chat without worrying about his girlfriend ever seeing it. I know this seems really horrible and secretive, but I get where he's coming from. He doesn't want to end it with her just yet if he's not completely sure of me. He send me his regards via Lalo and Chica M and told them to tell me that he's sorry he hasn't had a chance to chat or write me yet, but that he was really busy with a major final on Thursday and so there was tons to study. Looking over all this now I think it's a major good sign that he tried to chat with me that night.

Come to find out he's really timid about taking a picture. He told Chica M he'd take one. She thinks he's afraid I'll think he's ugly. He's always thought he wasn't good looking enough so that's why he works out to compensate. Poor baby. Funny thing is that I was EXTREMELY attracted to him when I was in that sector, so there are no problems with that on my part. If he's more muscular than before it's fine by me! I do remember that he was never a drop dead gorgeous guy, but that he was attractive. It was more of what radiated from the inside out and his personality that attracted me to him. I'm not worried about his looks. I would like to see what he looks like after 5 years of not seeing him. My memories of him are nice, but the reality is even nicer.

So, we'll see what happens. I emailed him last night finally, so we'll see when he replies. If he's still an eager beaver he'll reply as soon as he gets the chance to check his email.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad we got to hang out. Can't wait til Thursday. Madewood, and the glory days of plantations, here we come!