
There's something to be said about a man in a high boots, breeches and a long coat. Le sigh! [commence drool session] Zany friend and I went to see Becoming Jane on Friday night. I, for one, liked it. Unless it was a major departure from truth I didn't let the movie bother me. The whole premise was supposition anyway. So, there's no reason for people to get up in arms about it. Unless they want to get up in arms about Anne Hathaway's atrocious slaughter of the British accent. I just had to block her out and focus on the delish character of Tom Lefroy. I really love the Regency period. The clothes, the music, the dances and the slow pace of life appeal to me. I would have loved to live back then, although, I would have been considered a bluestocking as well as a social pariah for being both a free thinker and an independent woman. Teeheehee... I am currently reading Northanger Abbey by dear Jane. It's really good. I love her books. They offer a good escape for me. I only have Mansfield Park to read and then I will have read all of her major works.
Last week, I ordered Anne of Avonlea on dvd as well as the A&E version of Emma from Amazon.com! Hooray! I am sooo excited! My Anne collection will almost be complete!
So far, not much has happened this week. I'm not asking for anything to occur, either. I'm now working the insane schedule of 7:30am to 4:30pm. Since I'm a morning person it's all good. I also like that I get off earlier. I'll tell you how much I like it tomorrow morning after having less sleep from going to Insty.
I am going tonight w/Lil Brudder. It think it's the Old Testament. Should be fun.
Last week, I ordered Anne of Avonlea on dvd as well as the A&E version of Emma from Amazon.com! Hooray! I am sooo excited! My Anne collection will almost be complete!
So far, not much has happened this week. I'm not asking for anything to occur, either. I'm now working the insane schedule of 7:30am to 4:30pm. Since I'm a morning person it's all good. I also like that I get off earlier. I'll tell you how much I like it tomorrow morning after having less sleep from going to Insty.
I am going tonight w/Lil Brudder. It think it's the Old Testament. Should be fun.
1 comment:
I LOVE Northanger Abbey! Very good book. Jane makes me laugh. Ah, Mr. Lefroy. So attractive! I hope you got to see Sweet Guy. He is a cutie and very sweet.
Post a Comment