Monday, September 24, 2007

Gloomy Monday

The weather is ever so gloomy and overcast today. Blah. However, I'm in a pleasant mood. I'm hoping the call volume at work today will be sluggish. I really don't want to have to pull my hair out over it. I'm rather fond of my tresses. I'm still training 3 girls at once. I can't wait til they are on the phones. I feel very much like Bilbo Baggins when he said he felt" like butter spread over too much bread." I can only stretch so far.

I've purchased Anne of Green Gables and Anne of the Island on audio book from Itunes. I bought Anne of Avonlea on this other site and the sound quality is not so great, but I still love it. Especially because they're all read by Megan Follows! They are abridged versions, but that's fine with me. It's wonderful to hear the characters come to life with her voice. She's the quintessential Anne! There can be no other! I want to buy the novel series so I can actually find out the rest of the story of Anne and Gilbert's lives.

I've really made the conscious effort to filter what content I put in my mind. That is why I'm surrounding myself with Jane Austen novels and movies, Anne and Fred and Ginger. I've really become disappointed with the media that is out there to entertain us. Don't get me wrong, there are fantastic television shows out there. Also, there are wonderful movies. Musical theater is still fantastic. It's just that it seems that the great stuff is few and far between these days. Ya know? I watch the movies on TCM and wonder what it must have been like to live in that time. You would have known that every movie coming out that year would be a blockbuster because it carried the heavy names of Hollywood. Le sigh. The great thing is that I live in a time when I can enjoy all the great films, musicals and music that have been around since long before my time. I get to enjoy all time periods at my leisure and when the whim hits me.

I feel good about my decision with regards to that guy. I feel as if a great load has been lifted off my shoulders. So, there's my sign in and of it self. I know there's a guy out there who is perfect for me. Not perfect, just perfect for me.

No comments: