Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sick Sick Sick

I'm not one to complain, but I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have a case of the flu. I hates the flu! I hates it! (to be read in Gollum voice) I think my mum gave it to me. That was ever so obliging of her.

I left work early Monday and today due to feeling like someone had beaten me with a baseball bat. I called in sick tomorrow. I'm going to use that day for a little rest and recuperation. Hopefully, by Thursday I'll be feeling up to par.

So, this'll be week 3 that I've missed Institute. I was honestly sick the last two times. The first time I just didn't feel like going. I plan on going next week. I truly do.

I really need to find a better paying job. I just can't make my bills on the salary that I have. It's killing me to be behind on my credit card bills. I can't stand it. So, I'm submitting my resume to the St. Tammany Parish Library in hopes that they'll need me and hire me. I just hope that whatever branch I'll be in is in a decent part of town. Ya know? I don't need to be worrying about my safety for a library. On the other hand, there's a new salon opening on Perkins in the Perkins Rowe plaza. It's going to be gorgeous! The new salon coordinator really wants me to work with her. I'd be willing if the pay was worth it! It would have to pay my bills AND gas until I could find a place to live in BR that was cheap enough for me to make it. I'm sure that I wouldn't be able to afford living alone on my salary. There's no doubt in my mind. I would need a pay increase of 6 dollars in order to be able to survive. So, we'll see what happens...

Tomorrow's Halloween! Hooray! The day of limitless candy! Too bad I won't be at work to enjoy the festivities. Ok, so I'm over it.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

"It burns us!" Sorry you're sick, friend. Congrats on submitting the resume! Good decision!