My granddad is dying. I am abominably sad. I am not inconsolable. I know our Heavenly Father's plan. It's just tough to see my father so sad. When Granddad passes, the world will lose yet another true British gentleman. He's the last of his kind. I would love to marry a man like my granddad. They don't make men like him anymore and it's a tragic shame.
I went to see him yesterday on my day off and it was the most depressing visit I've had in a long time. It was so hard for me to see such a formerly vibrant, healthy, active man reduced to an emaciated figure writhing in pain and struggling for breath. He's been bedridden for 2 years now and on hospice for 6 months. For some reason he has hung on this long. I'm not sure why, but I truly believe that it's for my grandmother's sake. He's afraid of leaving her behind. They've been together for 65+ years. I'm so afraid that when he goes she won't be far behind and that's a loss that my dad's family cannot take. We all knew these days would come, but you are never ready for them.
So, sorry for not posting anything upbeat. I'm just not in that sort of mood. My boss treated me to a one hour facial. She's the best. I've decided to stick it out here in Guest Services. I figure that I really can't complain about my job. I work with some great people. So what if I'm bored to death some days by the monotony. I will continue to work here and plan on my dreams. I'm weighing a lot of possibilities out in my mind. I'm wondering if I should do aesthetics or massage therapy. I'd really enjoy either of those. So, more things to pray about.
Love to all my friends. Especially Ann WAE. I truly appreciate everything she does for me! I couldn't ask for a better best friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment