Monday, December 17, 2007

Garh!

I sound like a pirate, I know. It's the best way of expressing how I felt today. My day at work was a day spawned from the loins of Hades himself. I kid not. If I never see an Excel spreadsheet ever again it would be too soon. I spent the entire day trying to do a report that my sis-in-law normally does. I'm serious. It was enough to make me prefer shooting both my feet off and walking 500 miles on the nubs. Gruesome, I know, but the truth nonetheless. I didn't get my lunch break so all I had in my stomach all day was a cup of grits and a few strips of bacon. I stopped for a second to eat a 100 calorie pack of Oreos. All that stress gave me a migraine that was ever so wonderful. I came home, put on Anne of Avonlea and an eye mask and napped until it was time to eat dinner. I scarfed down two plates of red beans and rice. Delish. I ended up having to take a sinus pill to relieve the pressure.

I'm feeling better now, but I'm exhausted beyond belief. I had a few late nights and I'm suffering the after effects. I went to our annual YSA Christmas Social at the Abel home. It was a blast as usual. I met two investigators from Guatemala. They are nice guys. Poor things don't speak a word of English. I spoke to them even though I feel like my Spanish sucks hairy goat. I need to brush up on it, truly. I think speaking to them and Spain Boy will help me quite a bit. I don't need to let my talent go to waste.

I wasn't able to chat with Spain Boy this weekend. Our times never coincided. It's okay, though. I think stretches of time w/out chatting makes it more fun when we do. His gift should be arriving any day now. I'm excited to see what kind of webcam and microphone it is. I'm still not sure I'm kosher with having my face broadcasted. I'm shy. Truly. It'll be nice to "talk" to him, though.

I get to watch yet another episode of October Road tonight. Yay! I love that show. I shouldn't get so much pleasure from television, but I do. I really only watch the one show now since the writer's strike. I hope they come to an agreement soon so I can watch LOST in February! I will be so sad if that show doesn't come back on.

The time is drawing near for Christmas and I'm so excited. I need to start baking soon so I can get all my presents done in time to give them to my friends. I hope they all turn out yummy.

No comments: