Monday, December 10, 2007

Roast, work and kind words

So, yeah. It's been a while since I wrote. Not because I didn't want to, but because I forgot to. Lemme see if I can remember all that's transpired since I last wrote...

Oh yes! The fifth was my mother's birthday. I traded days off so I could use the whole day to cook for her. I made all her favorite foods. It took me a whole of 6 hours to do everything. Mostly because of the roast. I made roast in red gravy to be served on bowtie pasta. I let the sauce simmer for 3 hours which is the trick to a wonderful red sauce and tender meat. I also made homemade italian herb bread and fried cauliflower. For dessert, I made lemon meringue pie(my Chi Chi's recipe). It was a hit! I was exhausted, though. I don't know how my mom did it for all those years. I know that she never prepared dessert or homemade bread so that cut down on plenty of the hours. Still, I have to give her props. The funny thing is I spent all that time and the food was gone in 30 minutes! It made me happy to see everyone enjoying the food. I love cooking.


Thursday I got a call from my former boss and she offered me a job in the Hammond salon for more pay than I am getting now. I told her I'd use the weekend to think it over. Well, I did and I'm not going to take it. I thought about the environment I'd be in. The girls who work there use foul language and have lower morals than I do. I'd be around that at least 8 hours a day 6 days a week. That's too much. At least where I work right now I don't have to worry about that kind of language b/c of the fact that it's an office. Most of the girls are Christians, too, so they keep good standards.

So, now we get down to Friday. Friday was a normal day at work. I got off and went home to eat supper. After supper I got online to see if any of my friends were online. Several were and I started chatting with my friend, Natalia, from Chile. Eventually, a friend that I haven't talked to in a long time got online. I was excited to see him online so I said hello. He was glad to see me online as well. We chatted for a bit and then he made a call to my messanger. (Sidenote: he has a really nice voice) We talked about lots of stuff. We're able to joke around a lot which is good in my book. He told me I was beautiful inside and out. He told me that I deserved a guy who appreciated what I had to offer and would love me, cherish me and make me the most important thing in his life (after the Lord). I was stunned. I didn't know how to take those words. He also said that if he loved someone distance would not be an impediment. He'd do whatever was necessary to be near her. He also talked about the joy he'd have to be able to have a child of his own. To say the least I was flattered to hear it. Of course, I think I'm worthy of a guy like that. I just didn't think they made guys like that anymore. Too bad he's all the way in Spain. He asked if he could call me sometime if we could find a convenient time for both of us. I said sure.


So as not to scare my imaginary readers I have known him for a while. We both served a mission in the same place. However, we never served in the same zone ever. He remembers seeing me one time at a zone conference and that's it. A mutual mission friend introduced us in February. He thought we should get to know each other through chatting. I was open to it. We started chatting and got to know each other a little. I was basically there to be his friend b/c his wife left him. She was a dirty dog to him. I felt bad for him so I tried to be his friend. It's been almost a year now since she left him so I think he's on the road to forgetting her and recovering. The good thing is I know that his testimony hasn't suffered from this experience. He has the faith that he will receive all the blessings that he wants in this life: marriage and family.

So, I couldn't get him out of my mind after we stopped talking. We agreed to meet online again on Saturday while I was at work. We chatted for a little bit. He told me he'd invite me to the movies after work and I told him I'd be a there a little late. That made him laugh. He told me he'd wait for me as long as was necessary b/c I'm worth it. Sigh. He's nice. That's all I'm going to say about that.

I'm off of work today so I'm going to spend time cleaning and organizing me room. It's a train wreck. I can't stand it. I'll go by my sis in law's house later to bring T Man home. He spent the night with me. We watched Hairspray! It was great.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad your mom's dinner was a hit. You are both awesome cooks! It was really great talking to you the other day. Glad you have a new crush! ...4 days and counting