Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Deep Smit

It's true. Michael Bublé is sexy, wonderful and an amazing entertainer! He had the crowd laughing so much last night. I will go see him in concert EVERY time. He's that worth it. He opened with "I'm You're Man" by Leonard Cohen. He makes those love songs sizzle. Wow. That's all I'll say. At one point he talked about eating at Mother's restaurant in the French Quarter. He said, "I've eaten sandwiches before, but I made love to this sandwich...I mean, poboy." We all roared and clapped. It was great. He said he ate two: a shrimp and then a fried oyster. Also, during the night he started singing skat and in the middle of it he sang and jazzed the words "shrimp poboy." It was so great. Also, he sang "Fever" and inserted "New Orleans chicks were born to give you fever..." and of course the crowd roared and applauded. He definitely knows how to entertain. He talked a lot with the audience which is something I love. It makes it more personal. He also sang a song from his upcoming album(which won't be out for another YEAR). He sang "You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You" and this arrangement was slower and beautiful. He sang it with so much feeling and emotion I couldn't help but get a little depressed that I didn't have somebody to love. I thought to myself, "I'm a nobody!" Hahaha...

Suffice it to say. I love Michael Bublé. I was in smit before, but I am in even deeper smit! Le sigh. OH, and what tops it is that he sang the word "sorry" during one of his songs(which at the moment I can't remember) and he pronounced it JUST LIKE GILBERT BLYTHE! That clinched it for me. He sings like Frank and has an accent like Gil! And I'm spent. I didn't get to buy a shirt, but the line was as long as the Great Wall of China. So, I'm a little sad about that. I'll just get one off of Bungalow B.

The opening act was a group called Naturally 7 from New York. They were so cool. They sang as well as vocalized the sound of instruments. It was incredible. I'd download their music if I could find it.

That's my truth.

No comments: