So, I watched The Maltese Falcon for the first time yesterday evening. It was a good if a bit confusing movie. I never figured out if Sam Spade ended up with the real falcon or not. Gotta love Humphrey Bogart playing a tough guy, though. I do like that line...
I watched one of my favorite movies yesterday afternoon, The Women. It is, by far, one of the cleverest movies ever made. It did my heart good to watch Norma Shearer as Mary. I truly do love that actress. Yes, I know, Anne With An E, I didn't always feel that way. However, she won me over, eventually. I don't even know when it was. I just know I love her now and always will. Even if she can be a bit melodramatic in her gestures and facial expressions(a throw back to her silent film days). Vive la Dame Norma! I shudder to think of what they'll do with this remake of The Women. I will go see it just as a curiosity. They can't improve on perfection.
I am much better today. I still have a sore throat and stuffy head, but I don't feel as if a Mack truck slammed into me. That's a plus! So, thanks to this wonder homeopathich remedy I found in the store called Flu Reduce. Eventually, I hope to have no sore throat and stuffy head.
Baby Sister is getting a baby bump. It's so cute. I've come to grips with her situation and no longer resent her. This is good especially for my piece of mind. I still hope she has a boy so as not to steal one of my girl names, Emma. Hehehe...I can't help it. Although, a niece would be nice. I know that it's not practical to jealously guard names of children I have yet to have. Especially, because my future husband may not even like the names I've picked out. See? I'm logical after all.
Well, I shall go to bed now. LOST was fantastic and left me with my jaw on the floor. I don't know if I can handle 3 more years of this! Gasp!
2 comments:
I'm glad that Dame Norma finally won you over. She is super fabulous. And I love her melodramatic gestures. Now we have to get you to like Greta Garbo. Tee hee!
well, I don't know about all that. I'll have to watch my first Greta one with you this summer...you have to pick her best. Or, I would like to watch Camille...
Post a Comment