Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Here comes the sun...

You know? Something good can always be quoted from a Beatles' lyric. They were unparalleled geniuses. Plain and simple.

I sent an email to my manager and director today informing them that I will be pursuing a position in the salons. I informed them that my financial situation is crucial and I am unable to survive on the salary that I am making. I thanked them for the opportunity to work in their department and told them that it has helped me to grow in many ways. Yet, I told them it was time for me to fly. After that I emailed R'shell and asked her if there was anything available for me in the salons in Mandeville or Hammond. I need to make more than I am making now in order to get myself out of debt. I told her that if she can't help me out it was OK because I am looking outside of N Corp. Also, Elder Palmer with the Church Employment Services called me and asked me if there was anyway that he could help me. So, he'll be sending me a questionnaire to fill out that will help me choose a career path. Hopefully, that will aid me in improving my quality of life. I feel good about all of this. I know that I won't be working in the salons forever, but it can and will be a blessed break from the monotony of being tied down to to a desk and a phone. It will also aid me in pursuing what it is I really want to do in life.

That's my truth about that.

I watched a really good movie Monday with my dad called Dan in Real Life starring Steve Carell. Norbert Leo Butz (the original Fiero)had a minor role in it. It was cool seeing him in something other than musical theatre and he sang a wee ditty. On that same thread, it was also cool to see Idina Menzel in Enchanted although I was bummed that she didn't sing. Bu.

Following the musical thread of conversation I have read that Andrew Lloyd Webber is making a sequel to The Phantom of the Opera musical and it will be set in New York. It's going to be titled The Phantom of Manhattan. Can you believe it?! Is nothing sacred?! Here's the premise: The Phantom(having survived) travels to Coney Island, sets up a fairground world and is eventually reunited with Christine Daae. Sir Andrew has lost his marbles! He's not even using the same lyricist for the sequel. Probably because Tim Rice doesn't want to be tainted by such hogswash. I must say I'm QUITE skeptical about this. Here's my link to prove all I've said is true:
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/116244.html. Read it and weep.

Now that I've endey my tirade I will bid thee goodnight fair readers! Sleep tight and don't let the nightmares of the Phantom sequel haunt your dreams!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Unbelievable!