Saturday, June 21, 2008

Night skies...

I was driving home late last night and I looked up and saw one of my favorite sights. The moon was completely obscured by clouds thus lending a gothic air to the skies. Eventually, the clouds shifted slowly revealing the moon. I marvel at such views. I really find the skies enchanting. I love to look up at them during the day and make out shapes in the clouds. I love to stare at the stars at night and pick out the constellations. Seeing shooting stars has to be one of the coolest things I've ever experienced! Someone once made a cool point that when you lie on your back and look up at the sky you're actually looking out at the sky. Think about it. We live on a sphere not a flat surface. I'm going to need to take time to look out at the sky a little more often. It's the simple things that give me joy. I love watching the wind whip through the trees and butterflies dancing on air. I should take more time to just "be still" as President Hinckley suggested in his book Way to Be.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Lovely post. Sorry I couldn't see your photo.