Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Good guys

There's a lot to be said for a guy being just plain good. I'm becoming more and more impressed by G2. I think I'm going to upgrade him to Good Guy which can, ironically, be shortened to G2. I love it!

Well, we've been able to chat a bit more and we had the nicest conversation Saturday night. He logged into MSN around 10pm that night and immediately said, "hola." I was of course cheered to see his greeting. We talked about my trip to NYC and then about various random topics. I told him that I bought him a souvenier. We are finding out more and more that we have a lot in common. We both said that we could live anywhere that we are happy. It doesn't have to be in one place in particular. The reason this came up is that he mentioned his plans after graduation which consist of moving to the US. I asked him where he'd like to live and he jokingly replied, "Anywhere that doesn't have a lot of rain." Then in all seriousness he said, "Anywhere I can be happy."

He asked me to wait for him a bit b/c he had to go say family prayers and then found out he needed to give his father a blessing. He mentioned in passing that he needed to put on his shirt and tie. I was extremely impressed. So, I told him so and he replied with, "Well, it's an ordinance." Wow. I was again so impressed so I told him that he's a pretty special guy. He modestly replied that he was just demonstrating his testimony through his works. I can honestly tell that he's not laying it on thick. That's just who he is. He also told me that if I got too tired waiting for him that I should go to bed and he'd understand. Awww...

Well, he got back and we talked about the many ways we see the hand of the Lord in our lives. Funny thing, we both said that the body is a major sign of the existence of God. I told him that I see God in a sunset and in the beauty of nature. He then told me that now I'd impressed him and that I was special. Awww...

I mentioned to him various places in the US that he needed to visit like Nauvoo, etc. He said, "How about this? I come to Louisiana first to get my souvenier and then I worry about going to other places. What do you think?" Of course I grinned like a cheshire cat. Good thing I don't have a webcam b/c my emotions constantly dance across my face! I told him sure. He then said, "It's a deal." So, we then discussed the perks to visiting Louisiana like plantation homes, crawfish boils, cajun food. He said he'd love to come for a crawfish boil. Hehehe...

Oh, he also told me he'd like to call me once he had the money saved up. He said he hoped it could be soon. Eeee! I'm so nervous! I even told him that I'm nervous to speak Spanish and he told me he didn't see why b/c I speak it extremely well. So well it surprises him. So, I guess that's good.

Things are going well. Nothing too rushed or crazy. Just nice. I like it!


No comments: