
Well, this past weekend was nice. I spent the night at G Girl's house. Saturday morning we met her friend, Lawyer Lady, and went to The English Tea Room for Tea With Jane Austen. It was so nice. First, we were served by two adorable teenage boys dressed in Regency clothing as Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley, respectively. Precious! I had Austentatious Berry tea. It was a yummy herbal tea. I drank it with milk and two lumps of sugar in the raw. We were each given our own little teapot and they just kept refilling it. Our first course consisted of scones, cucumber sandwiches, little ham and turkey sandwiches, and spinach mini quiches. Everything was scrumptious. The second course was all the sweets! There were sugary scones to be eaten with an assortment of marmalades, lemon curd and clotted cream. Also, there were petit fours and teapot shaped cookies. Delish!
While we ate a lady did a little lecture on the life and times of Jane Austen and also covered her works. We touched a lot on Pride and Prejudice and Mr. Darcy! hehehe...
She had little games to play were there were door prizes to win. In the first one we had to briefly write what Jane Austen meant to us. I won! I got a box of butterscotch biscuits made in Scotland. The second game was to put Jane's books in the order that they were published. I won that as well! I got little tea chocolates--white chocolate. The third game we had to match all the Jane Austen couples! FUN! I let Gina play with me so we both won a book on Walking Tours with Jane Austen. I let her keep it. The last game was a bag full of 22 random questions about Jane's books and life and times of the Regency Period. We played our table as a team and...drum roll...WE WON! We each got to choose between tea, biscuits or more tea chocolates. I chose milk chocolate.
I really had fun. It was nice to be surrounded by people who all love Jane and her works. I don't think many of them were as enthusiastic a fan of Jane as I am. Oh well. We can't all love Jane to the same degree. Hehehe...
No comments:
Post a Comment