I couldn't go without covering the wonderful night I had last Saturday! We had a tri Stake Women's conference w/special guest, Sheri L. Dew! It was amazing! She is amazing! I love her as a speaker and woman. She is such an inspiring person to look up to. She's funny, insightful and spiritual. She brought up many good points about Finding Joy in the Journey, which was the theme of the evening. I took copious notes. Much of her talk focused on trusting in the arm of the Lord and not in the arm of the flesh. She also made points about going to the temple to be armed with power from on high. She talked about following the admonition and counsel of the prophets and more importantly of Pres. Thomas S Monson. She also made statement, "Do you want to be a part of the kingdom of Heaven more than anything else?" Kinda helps you keep it all in perspective. So, those are some highlights of the evening with such an incredible woman. I didn't get to shake her hand, however, because the line was longish and I got sidetracked comforting a friend so by the time I was able to get up there she had already left. It's okay because she touched my heart. I cannot complain about still being single when such an woman as her has never been blessed with marriage and motherhood. I have no room to complain at all. So, I won't.
After that I went to Cheesecake Bistro with Wonder Pickle, her Marmie and sis-in-law plus Nice Guy...since he's dating Wonder Pickle...he came along. Yay! It was supposed to be a family affair, but it soon grew to enormous proportions and we had 15 seated at our table. The irony is that WP and her family were seated at opposite ends. That kinda made it a "moo" point. Oh well. I feasted on half of a delicious Crescent City Wrap and a side of shredded onion rings and then topped it all off with a slice of White Chocolate Macadamia Nut (add coconut) cheesecake! It was an oral experience to say the least. I allow myself one bad day a week. That was definitely it. It was a great way to end a spectacular evening.
2 comments:
Bwa ha ha ha!!! Dew drop! I love it. I'm a little jealous even though I don't really have a right to be...since I live in the same state that she does. But I would hae loved to have been there with you and Kiwi and Baby Girl and my mommy and Apes and Tricky Nicki, etc. I miss y'all!
Soon grasshopper! Soon!
Post a Comment