Monday, October 13, 2008

The Upside of Being Candid

So, Friday I, um, told Great Guy that I liked him. Yeah, you read that right. I did. Me. Who NEVER tells a guy that she likes him. Well, I did. It was by email. You may say lame-o, but I was responding to his email. In it he had put that he really liked talking to me and for that reason he never measures the time he talks to me even though he has TONS of studying to do. So, I responded back. I told him I really like talking to him, too, and then I added, "Truth is...I like you." Eeek! Then, I proceeded to answer the other things in his email. I gave him some helpful tips on how to counteract feelings of spiritual estrangement. I asked him to read his scriptures every day. Then I hit the "send" button and my stomach tied itself into huge knots. I knew he'd read it and have to respond and I was a bundle of nerves imagining his reaction and response. I was like that the entire weekend. Everytime I thought of him reading it I got a sick feeling in my stomach from nerves. I know, I'm crazy. Know why? Last night I got online, but hid myself to see if he'd get online or email me back. Well, he never responded to my email, but I did see him get online and offline several times last night. I think he was looking for me. Hehehe...I wanted to make him miss me. It worked.

He got online tonight around 9:30pm and said, "Hey Jen. Long time no see. Where have you been?" :o) So, we talked about music and he sent me some pretty songs. I sent him some good ones. He told me that I had such good taste in music and then jokingly asked me if I was Chilean. I said, "Not yet." ;oP We then talked about beautiful places we'd like to visit and found out we BOTH want to visit Greece. He said, "Well, one day I'll be there and if you want to you can acompany me. That is if you want to. I'll pay for the trip." My mouth popped open, but I said, "Sure. I'd love to." He said, "Then it's a deal." He just doesn't know we'll be going on our honeymoon. Hahahahahahahaha! I'm kidding y'all. Or am I? Don't freak out.

Oh, and finally close to ending our conversation he thanked me for my email. He said it helped him a lot. I told him I thought it had upset him and when he asked why I told him because he didn't respond. He then told me that he'd had some problems over there and didn't have the time to respond. So, that makes me feel loads better. I guess I made a mountain out of a mole hill. Oh, and he also told me, "A huge kiss for the coolest, most fun gringa in all the world." Yeah, it doesn't translate well, but it was sweet. The kiss isn't a huge deal b/c Chileans always say good bye that way, but the big deal is that he never used to say goodbye that way to me.

I guess when he gets time he'll respond to my email. He always does. Maybe when he does he'll actually realize I told him I like him. LOL. Then, I'll see what he's got to say about that. Until then, I will continue to enjoy this journey of getting to know him better.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hooray! I told you that you were freaking out over nothing. Ha! You are totally going on your honeymoon to Greece!

Lady Gwynyfwar said...

You crack me up! (Is it psycho that I thought the SAME thing?!)