Thursday, November 27, 2008

"Bring on the shackles--I'm your prisoner." --Edward Cullen

Today's title is one of my favorite quotes from the amazing series Twilight. Yes, I know. This is bordering on obsessive. I admit it. I have OCD. Obsessive Cullen Disorder. LOL. I saw Edward, err, I mean, Twilight for the second time on the silver screen last night after work. One of my sweet, fellow OCD coworkers treated me to the movie as a going away present since my last day is December 31st. I felt giddy, like a teenage girl getting ready to see her boyfriend after not seeing him for a week. I can't help it. That is what Edward does to you. I truly enjoyed it immensely the second time around. I find that I'm quite often too critical in the initial viewing b/c I compare the movie to the book way too much. I must say that in my initial viewing I enjoyed all of the Cullens. They did not disappoint. Well, this time I separated myself from the book and just watched it for pure entertainment purposes. I LOVED IT! Le sigh. I must say that Rob Pattinson as Edward did NOT disappoint. I'm ecstatic to learn that they are moving forward in making New Moon! Let's hope with the $70.6 million weekend sales of Twilight that they'll get a bigger budget to be able to do New Moon even more justice. Eeee! I'm so excited! I started with the series again. I'm on Eclipse now. I think I might give myself a break, though, because I find that I get a little too entrenched in Forks and neglect everything else around me. (sheepish grin) I also get a little saddened by my current single status. So, it's time for a break from a certain gorgeous, sensitive shiny volvo driving vampire. It's hard to tear myself away from him, though. The books are really that good. Edward's character is truly developed that well. Actually, all of the characters are well developed. It's just that Edward leaps out of the pages at you and you seriously contemplate what life as the girlfriend of a vegan vampire would be like. Or, at least, I do. I've always been drawn to anything vamp related. I attribute it to one of the many quirks in my personality. Some of my friends do not understand said quirk, but it's ok. It's what makes me ME! hehehe...

Now, if I could just find someone like Edward in real life...he wouldn't have to be exactly like Edward or Jamie Fraser for that matter. I'd just like to find a man with some of my favorite character traits from both Edward and Jamie. For good measure, let's throw in my favorite traits from the many leading men of Jane Austen literature. Oh, and Gilbert Blythe, too. It's not too much to ask, honestly. I'm not asking for perfection. Just devotion. Le grin.

p.s.--I chatted with Not So Great Guy last week. Things are sorted out. We are friends. THE END.


No comments: