
It has such a nice ring to it, but it's not nice to have the flu. I got sick during church on Sunday and spent the last two hours of church asleep in Wonder Pickle's car. Then, because I was too ill to drive home yet I crashed on the couch until 6:40pm. I finally drove home but I was so sleepy that I called AWAE to help keep me awake. She did NOT disappoint. She cracked me up regaling me about her double viewing of the movie Australia with Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman. She told me and I quote, "There's a beautiful scene in the beginning with a bucket of water and it's filmed in slow motion. That's all I'm going to say." Le grin. I am intrigued.
So, I got home and crashed some more. I stayed home from work yesterday. I spent almost the entire day either on the couch watching movies or in bed sleeping. I watched Beauty and the Beast with my nephew, Monkey Doo. I also watched Bringing Up Baby with my mom and dad. I love that movie. It is hysterical. Cary Grant never fails to amuse or bring out sighs of pure pleasure. I love TCM.
So, today, I am still at home. My boss wouldn't let me come in because I'm contagious and we can't afford to have everyone else getting sick for the holidays since it's our busiest time of the year. I did NOT complain. I'm going to curl up on the couch and take another long nap. I'll put another old movie on. So, that's all I have to say about that.
Good day!
So, I got home and crashed some more. I stayed home from work yesterday. I spent almost the entire day either on the couch watching movies or in bed sleeping. I watched Beauty and the Beast with my nephew, Monkey Doo. I also watched Bringing Up Baby with my mom and dad. I love that movie. It is hysterical. Cary Grant never fails to amuse or bring out sighs of pure pleasure. I love TCM.
So, today, I am still at home. My boss wouldn't let me come in because I'm contagious and we can't afford to have everyone else getting sick for the holidays since it's our busiest time of the year. I did NOT complain. I'm going to curl up on the couch and take another long nap. I'll put another old movie on. So, that's all I have to say about that.
Good day!
2 comments:
So sorry you're sick, friend. Glad I could help in my little way. Drink lots of fluids. If I were there, I would make you my freaking fantabulous homemade chicken soup. Feel better.
I wish I had some FFH chicken soup! And thnx for the link. I'm sorry you're not feeling so well, though. I love those curl up on a couch day. I think I'll have one tomorrow, actually! Get better! P.S. I really did love the women, or could you tell with all the cackling I did?
Post a Comment