Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The big bloody plane took Baby Brudder away...

So, I was too much of an emotional wreck yesterday to blog about this.

Baby Brudder left Monday morning at 7:35am for Provo, UT. He is entering the MTC (Missionary Training Center for those who don't know) tomorrow. It was a very emotional farewell. We were all fine and trying to be stalwart. That is, until he hesitated as he was walking away towards the metal detectors. He stopped, half turned, and then we saw his face. It was serious and he had tears sliding down his cheeks. He couldn't turn back to look at us. We could tell it was too hard. That's when Mom, me and Lil Sister lost it. We bawled like babies to see our tenderhearted young man heartbroken to leave his family. It was the first time he's ever left us. He's the baby of the family and not in a spoiled way. We all love him and are extremely protective of him. He's such an amazingly special and extremely good kid. Well, he's not a kid anymore. He's a young man. Yikes.

So, I cried the entire way to work. Non-stop. Like a baby. I cried last night when we had Family Home Evening and he wasn't there. I cried when I walked into his room and he wasn't there reading his scriptures. I don't know why I am taking it so hard. Perhaps it's because he's my baby brother. I think it's more because he's HIM. I am going to miss him so much. We've grown closer as the numbers living at home have dwindled. He's my buddy. We have a lot in common and our personalities are similar. I am so proud of him and I know that he's going to be an amazing missionary. I wrote him a letter last night and mailed it today. I wanted him to have a letter his first week in the Provo MTC.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You are such a good big sister. I know that Sean Baby Bruder will benefit from the support of his family. You're so blessed to have such an awesome family. And I feel blessed that I can think of them as sort of my extended family. Send me his address when you can. I'd love to write him on his mission (although I may not be able to be quite as faithful as I was with your letters.) :o)