Sunday, April 05, 2009

The Spirit of God

I am so blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I really take my membership for granted sometimes. This weekend was the annual General Conference of our church. It always seems to come right when I need it.

I watched both yesterday and today's sessions online is Spanish. The talks were SO amazingly spiritual! I was overcome with emotion several times. So many of the talks were exactly what I needed to hear at this exact time in my life. I got a spiritual jolt. I have to say that Elder Holland's talk really touched me. He always seems to get to the heart of things. I absolutely loved his talk! I bawled my eyes out. He'll always have a special place in my heart because he was the Area President of Chile while I was a missionary and I had the opportunity to meet him and shake his hand. What a great man!


These talks left me with a firm determination to do better. Not just attempt to do better, but actually DO better. I'm determined to not let the world creep into my life too much. I need to focus more on those spiritual things that will allow me to be worthy of the blessings Heavenly Father has in store for me. I know that He's there waiting for me to do what's necessary. I want to receive His blessings. I want to be a better person.

I'm always sad when the last prayer is said in the last session. I hate when Gen Con ends. The upside is that another comes up in October!


No comments: