Thursday, June 04, 2009

Crush, anyone?

So, I had a little blast from the past last night. One of my old college friends got online and started chatting with me. He and I used to work together at the college library in the media dept. Those were some good times. We were shamelessly flirtatious every chance we got. Alas, nothing ever came of it. He's what he liked to call EXTRA Catholic: half Irish, half Italian descent and went to an all boys Catholic school.

Well, we chatted last night for 2.5 hours. He made me laugh so much(just like old times). We talked about our college days. I found out some interesting things. I had told him I only dated Mormon guys as a way of keeping a wall up. I had just come off my mission and out of a broken engagement. Despite all that I was attracted to him. Hence, the if you're not Mormon no date policy.

Well, anyway, he said he would've jumped on me(not literally) in a heartbeat, but I'd given him the "only Mormons" speech. I replied scoffingly. That's when he said, "Watch what you wish for mujer...I come back to Louisiana on occasion and if you are calling me out...I will call you out." I told him he was all talk. Then he said, "Talk hmmm...we'll see next time I'm in New Orleans." That left me speechless. So, yeah...

He asked for my number since he'd lost it. So, I gave it to him. He then told me to keep in touch and that he'd be talking to me later. GULP.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Go for it. It's great to be crushed on and to crush on someone else. Enjoy it. I'm happy for you.