This week has been rough. Really, really rough. It's like Rachel Green said in an episode of Friends, "Ya know I really thought I had hit rock bottom, but today it's like there's rock bottom, then 50 feet of crap, then me." That's just to give y'all an inkling of what I'm dealing with without divulging too much personal garbage.
However, I haven't been wallowing. I have sought out my Heavenly Father in prayer. I've read my scriptures. I've cried. I've prayed some more. Tonight I'm going to the temple to seek some much needed counsel and to gain more comfort.
I felt much better this morning after reading Alma 32:27: "But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words."
So, that's what I have. A desire to believe that everything will work out in the end. Not on my timetable, but it will work out. Hope springs eternal.
1 comment:
I think the temple is an excellent idea. Everything WILL work out. I like the scripture from D&C when Joseph Smith was in Liberty Jail. That one always comforts. "All these things shall give thee experience."
Post a Comment