"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." -The Declaration of Independence
I am grateful for those brave, inspired men who took it upon themselves to revolt against tyranny and form a new land of freedom. I am grateful for the Founding Fathers. I know they weren't perfect(no one is), but I believe they were led by a Divine Hand.
So many of us take for granted this special day and think of it as just a day off of work and a day for BBQ and family get-togethers. We seem to forget all those lives that were given over 235 years ago that allowed us to be able to have the freedom to live the way we live today.
I, for one, am eternally grateful to those men and women. I'm lucky to have been born in this land of promise. I can only pray that we remain worthy of it.
That's all.

No comments:
Post a Comment