Monday, July 04, 2011

Despicable Me

Ok, so I really and truly suck at blogging. I can embrace the suckitude, though. Isn't acceptance part of the process? [grins]

So much has transpired since I last wrote. I think I'll have to give you the Cliffs Notes version:

My baby bro came home from his mission to Peru Lima Sur on March 30th. He's so grown up! It's amazing and makes me feel a wee bit old. It's great having someone else in the home to mess around with.

My sister just moved back into the area. We spent an entire weekend helping her get moved. It was hard work, but worth it to have her and her family that much closer.

Work has evolved to say the least. I got a new boss a few months ago. The stress level and the foul language have become nigh nonexistent. It's grand. However, I just had a coworker leave our department so we are down to only 3 educators. This means life will get a little hairy for a bit til we can get a new hire. It's manageable, though, which helps.

My plan remains to finish out the year in Louisiana and then move to North Carolina. I'd like to take a vacation there in the fall and do some job hunting. That way I can scope out the area and really get a feel for it. Plus, it's smart to have a job BEFORE you move. (Lesson learned from my move to UT.)

The weather is almost bonemeltingly(yes, I just made up a word) hot and it's not even the hottest month of summer yet. I had a chance to go to Fontainebleau State Park with my fam about a month ago. It was a blast. We'll have to go again very soon.

My calling has been challenging to say the least. We can never seem to have an entire presidency or all teachers present at the same time. Today, we only had ONE teacher show up. I just roll with the changes, though. The kids are a joy to be around and that is a saving grace.

That's my truth.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok, the definite move to NC is news to me. I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes up words. And that's my truth.

Lady Gwynyfwar said...

Silly rabbit, the plans for NC are not new. You just think they are every time you read about them and make the same comment about it all being "news." LOL I blame it on the boogie.