Monday, October 16, 2006

things are looking up...

So, I apologize to my readers for being subjected to what I am now calling my "pissy" blog. Like Mr. Durst says, It was "just one of those days." I had a really good talk with my younger brother last night. We are getting close and I like it. I never really had that chance while living at home due to the fact that he is so many years younger than I. However, since we've been living here together and we are the only family we have nearby it's made us closer.

My dad called yesterday and asked me to which ward they should transfer my records. Wow. That makes it all so final. I just told him the singles ward b/c I really couldn't decide where I want to be. I'm really trying to give it a chance. It's going to be an uphill climb, but I am trying.

I again called the Salt Lake County Personnel Division and left a message. This time they called me back! They told me the letter was a mistake. They sent it to me before they'd received my questionnaire(like I guessed). The lady told me that they would be reviewing the applications and that I'd more than likely hear back from them via mail in a week or so. She told me to call her if I hadn't heard from them by the 30th. So, I'm excited. Hopefully things work out and they want to hire me! Everyone pray for me! Keep your fingers crossed, knock on wood and any of those other good tricks to bring about good luck! lol Yes, yes, I am superstitious even though I shouldn't be. It must be something innate, a throwback to my indigenous ancestors.

I made a decision to start pursuing my dream of having my own bed and breakfast. I'm going to get a job and then I'll start looking into taking some business and cooking classes. Ever since I was a teenager I've always had the dream to own my own bed and breakfast. Of course, it would have to be somewhere in either the South or the East coast. It wouldn't be here. This isn't a fitting environment for a bed and breakfast. So, that's what I've decided. I think it's going to be quite an adventure.

Today is cold and rainy. Blech! Gloomy weather. The peaks of the mountains are covered with clouds. The time around I chose to watch Hello, Dolly! as opposed to one of my "rainy day" movies. It cracks me up! I've already done my chores for the day so I think I'll just read some more of The Work and The Glory: A Pillar of Light and perhaps putter. It'll be nice.


Well, that's all I have to say for now...toodle-oo!

P.S.--I texted Mr. Ideal and asked how his weekend was. Turns out it was lousy. He ended up calling me around 6pm. He was supposed to be off on Fri, but got called into work. Then, he came down with the flu and was sick in bed the entire weekend. He was well enough to got to work today, but still felt poorly. He ended up firing a guy today which made him have to finish a job alone. Poor him. He asked me if he could call me later tonight, but I went to eat at my uncle' sisters house for dinner so I told him he could call me once I was back. However, I texted him when I got home and told him to get an early night's rest and call me tomorrow. So, I hope he feels better. :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hooray! Glad you're feeling better friend Owl. Wayto be positive and look to the future! I know you'll get the library job. Picture it in your mind. Picture driving to your library job in your fine new car. :o)