It always makes me sad to see a friend in pain whether it be physical or emotional. It makes me feel helpless. What makes me feel even more helpless is when a friend is in pain over what I like to call a "stupid boy." I have many friends who are going through rough patches right now. It's like an epidemic. I know how they feel b/c I've been there. I can honestly say it will get better--eventually. I hope I can be the support they need during this rough time.
I went downtown to Salt Lake with Ann with an E. I enjoyed myself with her as I always do. We saw the new movie in the Joseph Smith Memorial Builiding and then we saw the new Martin Handcart display in the Church History Museum. It was nice, but sad. Those people had to suffer so much. The Lord knows what he's doing when he has certain people born in certain times. I was definitely born in the right time. I could not have made it as a pioneer.
On a lighter note ice cream is love. Chick-Fil-A is love. Double Chocolate brownies are good lovin'. Nuff said.
So, this weekend was Stake Conference. Our ward was invited to be the choir. That meant we had to sit through both sessions. The talks were good, but we had to sit through them twice. 4 hours worth! Once we got back home we had 3 hours to kill until the CES broadcast. That's a lot of church, but it was nice.
Okay, so there's this guy in my ward that I've noticed since my 2nd Sunday at church. He's cute, but the disturbing thing is that his looks remind me of Ex #2 and he has the same name as Ex #1. So, I've had some reservations. He seems like a nice guy, though. I actually got to chat with him a little tonight after the broadcast. He is nice. I found out he's 26 and he served his mission in Canada. 3 years difference isn't so bad. That's as young as I'll go though. He will be henceforth known in my blogs as Cute Canuck.
Part of me was trying to not notice other cute guys b/c of Mr. Ideal. I've quickly learned that is quite foolish on my part. What is Mr. Ideal to me other than a friend on the phone?! These guys are here in my ward. I don't need to close off my options. I've never dated around. So, I'm going to present myself as available and see who takes the bait.
I was talking to the Wonder Pickle and I realized that it's been ages since I've had a nice flirtation. Ages. I realize that I like a nice, healthy flirtation. It makes life interesting and fun. It makes you feel alive. So, I'm going to try to cultivate one SOON! I think I'll get my flirt on with Cute Canuck. heh
1 comment:
What the heck? I thought you couldn't like the cute canook because of his name and his looks that resemble another stupid boy? Thanks for your support by the way. :o)
Post a Comment