Saturday, December 23, 2006

Grown up Christmas wish...

No more lives torn apart/that wars would never start/and love will fill all hearts...

I really like that Christmas song. I've been listening to a lot of Christmas songs since being home b/c my mom loves Christmas and makes sure the home is filled with the Christmas spirit. It's been really nice.

Isn't it funny how only at this time of year people want peace on earth? It's a shame that we can't always be this nice to one another. I'd love for the Christmas spirit to permeate the world all year round.

I went to visit my paternal grandparents today. Grandad was in much better condition today and was quite alert and lucid. It was nice to see him that way. He recognized me and said my name. It made me feel good.

Tomorrow's Christmas Eve and I'm so freakin' excited! We get to open the presents from one of my brothers tomorrow! (gleeful giggle) Then there's only one more day til Christmas! I can't wait! I'm like a kid! I love to watch people open the gifts I've given them. I really don't care about getting presents, but they are nice.

P.S.--I checked my email the other day and saw that I had a message from Linkup Guy. He sent me a message saying "here is a card that I thought you might enjoy" with a link to a Christmas ecard. It was a little cartoon of Santa and some reindeer singing The Drifters version of White Christmas. It made me smile. That was quite thoughtful of him. He scored some points with that small act. The cool thing is I know he didn't do it for that reason.

1 comment:

emmy said...

We should definitely talk tomorrow...