Sunday, January 14, 2007

Groovy Sunday

Church was great today. I absolutely loved Sacrament Meeting. We were issued a new challenge by the Stake Presidency. We were challenged to become more like Christ and were given three challenges: (1)not say anything negative about anyone, (2)develop compassion for others and (3)do something for others. I am determined to meet that challenge.

My two friends were happy to see me at church! I was so glad! I sat by them in both Sunday School and Relief Society. I feel like I'll finally be getting a social life here. I wish that Lil Brudder could make some genuine friends. It seems like the guys here are pretty darn fake. That makes me really upset in his behalf and makes me(to use a fabulous Southern black expression)"want to take my earrings off!"

Well, it's strike 3 for online guys. I'm done. It's rather a relief, actually. Dating's hard enough without putting the whole virtual spin on it. So, let's hope something works out naturally with a guy I meet in person first! Hehehe...

There's something so endearing about old black and white movies from the 30s. Maybe it's the innocence and lighthearted nature of the themes. Also, they're dang funny. I can't resisit them. They make me happy just watching them. Everyone was talented back then. They didn't just act. They acted, danced and sang. Most actors/actresses were triple threats. Aww, little Judy Garland! So sweet and cute! And sooo talented even at such a young age!

Lil Brudder wants to move out YESTERDAY. I've started looking online and I found an apt complex in Lehi that seems pretty decent. I'm aiming for moving out in February. I don't think he can handle much more of being here under thumb. Neither can I, really. It'll be great to have our own place even if we'll be poor as church mice and sans furniture. It'll still be ours!

Okay, enough of that. I think I'm going to bed now. I need to get up early for work tomorrow so I should get a good night's rest. Let's hope this week's a bit easier for me retention wise. I have so much to learn. I think they want me on the phones by next week and I'm not so sure I'm ready for that just yet.

2 comments:

emmy said...

I am glad that you still had your friends there. As lame as this sounds, whenever I was in 4th Ward, I always looked forward to the few friends that I had there. Ugh. That ward made me sad... I have to work tonight, so I won't be online, but maybe we can talk tomorrow night or something.

Rachel said...

Don't be sad. Work toward your goal of moving out. Take comfort in your new social life. And all guys SUCK!