Monday, January 22, 2007

Sick and tired

So, I called in sick today. I've been feeling crummy since midweek last week and just never couuld shake it off. I only went to Sacrament Meeting yesterday and had Lil Brudder bring me back home so I could rest in bed.

There was another incident of unwarrented cruelty towards Lil Brudder at the digs last night. This is further cementing our resolve to get the heck out of Dodge. It's quite hurtful how rudely he's being treated. We are seriously contemplating moving back to Louisiana. The saying that the grass is always greener on the other side is quite true here. The only exception is that the grass wasn't greener in Utah. It was brown. Dead and brown. It's vibrant and green in Louisiana. It's painful to see Lil Brudder so miserable. I was in the same boat a month ago and he(not understanding)told me to shake it off. Funny thing is now he understands how I was feeling(and haven't really stopped feeling). Utah is NOT home. I understand what Jim Croce meant when he wrote the song New York's Not My Home. We've tried to give Utah a chance, but we just keep getting kicked to the ground again and again. So, after a bit more prayer and pondering we'll know what we're going to do. I'm pretty sure we're going to move back home. The thing is we won't be living in our parents' home. Being semi independent has allowed us to realize we want full independence. So, we'd be looking for an apartment.

So, that's that for now.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You can't leave me here all alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

emmy said...

Whoa, killer! We SERIOUSLY need to talk!!