Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday, happy Sunday

So, I went to church in my home ward today. It was great. Everyone was so happy to see me back. It made me feel good. My bishop and one of the counselors teased me about getting me to speak in sacrament meeting two months in a row. Arggh! I def DO NOT want to speak, but I can't turn them down. (sigh) I went to Covington to watch the CES broadcast with Elder Bednar. It was fantastic as usual. It was weird to watch it and know that I was in Utah a week ago. How crazy is life?

I start work tomorrow. That'll be a relief. I can't wait to start learning the ropes of a trainer and back up Client Loyalty. It'll be awesome to get a steady paycheck again. I am starting a savings so that I can buy a car. That is the first goal on my list. Then, I'll be getting an apartment.

I chatted with one of my Chilean mission buddies. He tried to hook me up with another Chilean elder from our mission. He's a nice guy, but recently divorced. I guess I'm the one everyone feels they need to hook up. It's not that I don't want to hook up with someone. People just never can set me up with the right person. It always amazes me to see who they think is "perfect" for me. It often makes me question how well they know me. hehehe...

I got the flyer to the YSA conference in Houston. There isn't much information on it except for a website address. I checked it out, but so far there isn't anything helpful on the site like registration fees, etc. I'm a bit nervous to go, but I promised myself I was going to be proactive and put myself out there. Emmy and the Wonder Pickle will be joining me! It's going to be a fabulous road trip! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Have fun at the conference. I hope you get to meet Linkup guy. The CES broadcast was FABULOUS!! Glad you go to see it.