Wednesday, March 14, 2007

'ello dearie...

So, after being reprimanded for not writing often enough since I've moved back I am going to try to write at least twice a week if not everyday.

Today was a normal day at work. Tomorrow I train again. I think I'm getting better at it each and everytime. I hope so!

Okay, I just got reconnected with someone from Chile. Saturday, I got an email from Marta Mellado de Torres. She was a sister in my first area that I got really close to. I wrote her a letter last year and mailed it, but I never heard from her. So, I assumed it got lost in the hellatious Chilean mail. Turns out she got it, but just procrastinated in replying. Anyhoo, we reconnected after 5 long years. It's been really nice. The funny thing is she's trying to get me to come to Chile so I can hang out with her two brothers-in-law in hopes that I'll persuade them to dump their non member girlfriends, come back to church and possibly date me! Just one of them, of course. I know both of them. The oldest is 30 yrs old and super hot, funny and quite flirtatious. The younger is 28, not so cute, but a really sweet guy. I admit that I wrote her in the first place out of curiosity. I wanted to know how hot bro-in-law was doing. Well, now I know. The family's had a turn of bad luck. Their parents split up and the mom is living with someone else. That has traumatized the sons so they've gone a bit inactive. Le sigh. Anyhoo, I'd love to go to Chile.

Marta seems to think that I'd get a boyfriend right off the bat even if it wasn't her bros-in-law. I'm inclined to agree. Chileans love Americans. It's a well-known fact, Sunny Jim.

I'm still chatting off an on with Broken Heart Boy. He's nice. That's all.

Ann with an E and I have made plans to go visit this really great plantation home when she comes down to visit. I'm so freakin' excited. The misadventures of Jay Jay the Jet Plane and Ann with an E will go on! Hooray!


Sidenote: I love Scrubs. This really is an underappreciated show. It's funny, but then it has these moments that make you go, "aww!" and swipe a tear from your eye. I'm going to have to buy or rent all the seasons and watch them from the beginning. Same goes for the Office except I'm going to buy the first two seasons.

I can't wait for the weekend. My baby brother turns 18. This is truly a hard thing to comprehend. I remember when he was born for cryin' out loud! Something else that makes it really weird: he's going to be in YSAs now. With me. I'm 12 years older than he is and we'll be going to the same activities for another year. Once I'm 31 I'll be going to Single Adult activities. (bummed out sigh ensuing) It's fine b/c I'll make sure to go to said activities until I meet my lobster.

I need to go clothes shopping. I need some nice comfortable shoes that I can wear at the office without worrying about plummeting down the stairs. This is my biggest fear at work since I am quite the clutz. Grace ISN'T my middle name I'll tell you that.

I'm still losing weight! This makes me happy. I have a goal to get down to a size 8. I think I can make it! I'll be satisfied once I reach that. I promise. No need to worry about me becoming a Calista Flockhart look-alike. I love food too much!

Yummy tea is calling my name! Cheers, mate!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Of course our misadventures will go on. They are neverending. We are Anne and Diana of course. Can't wait to come home. I bought my ticket. Hooray! Kiwi has come to her senses too. :o)