So, I don't have to work today b/c I have to work Saturday from 9-6. Blech. The only thing that makes me hate working on Saturdays is the fact that it's the weekend! The day everyone should be free! On the other hand, I love working Saturdays b/c we are the ONLY ones there! It's so relaxed. We can wear our pjs to work for cryin' out loud(said like James says it in Sliding Doors)!
It's funny. I love my job now. I didn't before. I did it b/c I loved working for Ms. New Booty(my boss) and my coworkers were a blast, but it felt the endless monotony of phone calls wearing. I don't know what makes this time around different, but it is. I absolutely love my job. It could be the raise in pay that's helping, but it's not what's made the difference. I think I just had to go somewhere else and see that the grass is not always greener on the other side. I got to train someone for the first time and I liked it. I'll be needing to train 2 more people soon b/c we are losing two girls this month. The cool thing is there are some perks to being a trainer, too. I get to go to "training meetings" which take me out of the office all day therefore I get a break off the phones.
It feels really good to be able to pay all my bills on time once again. I'm trying hard to build up my credit and to save up for a car. I really need one badly so that I can move into my own apartment. Fuh real. I had a goal to be out by my birthday, but I'm not so sure that's plausible now. I was a victim of identity fraud involving my credit card and Dell account along with my former bank trying to screw me over so now I'm paranoid that my credit will be shot to Hades. I'll just wait a bit longer and have faith that it will all work out for me b/c it HAS to! I can't live under my parents' roof forever.
Emmy and I went on a 100 Calorie pack shopping spree in Walmart last night. It was quite hilarious. We spent the evening with the Wonder Pickle b/c it was her birthday. We ended up leaving her flat(inner Brit in me coming out)at midnight. The Wonder Pickle's a student teacher so she had to get up at the crack of dawn to get ready for school. I feel kinda bad, but we NEVER get to hang out just the three of us.
I really would like to do something major for when I turn the big 3-0. I just don't know what. I would really like to go see Wicked in Houston(sorry, Ann With an E, but you get to see it in freakin' Nueva York!). That would be cool. I'll have to look into that. I need to make it something out of the ordinary. Maybe I can go on a road trip and stay in a cool bed and breakfast...the possibilities are seriously endless.
I really am enjoying life here. I don't know what's changed. Perhaps it is I who have changed(like that good grammar Ann WaE?). I truly believe I had to go somewhere else to really appreciate what I had here at home. I know I can make a go of it once I decide to move elsewhere I just know it won't be to the Land of Fake Bakes. I'd really like to live in the Carolinas or Virginia one day.
I'm still a bit of a tv addict. I have my list of shows that I watch faithfully. Heroes is on hiatus until April 23. Le sigh. I'm watching Gilmore Girls and it's making me happy! LOST is driving me insane! Thursday nights are the best! Hello Ms. Couch Potato!
1 comment:
Well, I really am glad you're happy and things are looking brighter for you. I truly wish I could be there for your big 3-0. We'll have to postpone our celebration til May. P.S. I may not be going to New York just yet. We'll see.
Post a Comment