I don't have to work today! Hooray! I do have to work Saturday, though. Blah. I like working Saturdays because they're laid back, but I hate it because it's Saturday. Also, it's the weekend before my birthday and I was hoping to do something fun. However, I will be doing something fun on the 28th. My sis-in-law, Yellow Girl, is treating me to Celtic Women! I am so excited! It's going to be awesome. I watched one of their concerts on tv and I loved it. The good thing is that it's in Baton Rouge so we don't have to worry about going to New Orleans at night.
So, I have some interesting news. I got online last night and Chica M had left me an offline message telling me that she had something to tell me that her husband had told her. She ended it with a hee hee hee. So, of course I was dying to know what that was. It could only have to do with Delicioso.
Eventually, she got online and we began chatting about inane things. Then, she tells me she has Delicioso's email address and asks me if I want it! I was completely stunned. She told me that her hubby was talking to him again at work and mentioned how he'd been talking about postal service jobs here in the US and how they pay more. Delicioso made a comment to the effect of it being much better to live there than in Chile. He then said, "I'm not going to let this gringa escape!" Then, Lalo told Delicioso that I'm always asking how he, his brother and sister are doing and asked if Delicioso would give Lalo his email address so that he could give it to me in order for me to write "the family" and find out how they are all doing. Hahaha...Lalo is a schemer, too! So, they went back to working and organizing their letters. Lalo forgot that he'd asked for the email, but right before leaving to start work Delicioso made the point of writing his email down and giving it to Lalo. He didn't need to be reminded. He remembered himself. Chica M and I think that is a good sign. He obviously wants to have contact with me. Chica M and Lalo think that it'd be a good thing to write to the family in general first and then hopefully Delicioso will respond individually and we can start to from there. They think it will be a good basis for us to start on as friends. They also think it will help that we are already somewhat friends before I come down. I have to agree with them.
Funny thing, I was hoping to have some form of personal communication with him prior to coming down. I knew that it would help set me at ease and perhaps aid me in being a good influence on him. It seems like everything is falling into place quite smoothly. Lalo thinks that I am 100x's better than Delicioso's girlfriend, even if she is a nice girl. He said I'm much better looking AND I'm a strong member. He said that is of the greatest import. He' so sweet. So, I'm going to write him. I'll make sure to make it an email addressed to the whole family and that way he won't suspect a thing! Hehehe... I'll make sure to make the letter just like the one I first wrote to Chica M and Lalo. Chica M thinks that if he's really interested in me he won't mention the fact that he has a girlfriend. She thinks that would be a good sign that he's not into her as much as he should be. I'm half a mind about that. On one hand it's good, but on the other hand it's not. It's not being deceitful him omitting that information b/c if he's not truly happy with her it doesn't matter. Plus, he's not doing anything bad by writing to a friend. I'm not sure I'm expressing myself well here. Part of me wants him to be upfront about it, but the other part doesn't because I will take that to mean that he's letting me know he's off limits. Although, according to the things he's said and done thus far I know he's not off limits.
I've prayed for him and his family every night since I began communicating with Chica M. I fell that the Lord has put me in their lives for a reason and vice versa. It will all work out just the way He wants it to. I just have to have faith and be obedient. All things will work for the greater good.
I'm going to chat with my other friend, Nata, and get her advice on what to say and how to proceed. I need to get this ball rolling now. That way we'll already have 5 months of communicating and a friendship established. It'll make things much smoother and less stilted when I come down. Funny thing, if I didn't already have a minor crush on him I wouldn't even need that. I'd just fly down nice and carefree. Then again, after emailing back and forth I will be at ease.
So, that's all I have to say for now. I'm sure I'll give an update tomorrow. Ta ta!
No comments:
Post a Comment