Friday, April 06, 2007

slacker am I (long)

ok, so maybe I am a slacker when it comes to blogging...I can't believe it's been that long.

So, I will update.

On March 9 I got an add request on MSN from a very dear friend, Chica M, who is from my first area of the mission: Chiguayante. I was so excited to have contact with her finally after all this time. I last saw her in 2002. The funny thing is that I wrote her a letter a year or so ago. I was curious to see how she and her family were doing. I'd gotten really close to her and her husband. They have an adorable little girl and boy. Ok, I digress.

Long story short: On March 10 we chatted the entire day while I was at work. She asked me if I was married and when I told her no she told me that I need to come to Chile to date her brothers-in-law. This made me laugh b/c I knew both of them. One was our ward mission leader. The other, who will be named Delicioso, was very attractive. It wasn't so much his looks, but his personality that attracted me. Plus, he was my age. So, I wasn't against that idea. In fact, I'd written her in the first place to find out in a roundabout way if Delicioso was married. He's not. He is dating a nonmember girl and for that reason Chica M wants me to come down and steal his heart. There's a downside: he's been inactive for a bit. This makes me sad. He was a really active member, but due to some family trials he has stopped going to church. Chica M tells me that he's not as rebelious as his younger brother(which makes me happy.) She thinks he'll be easy to bring back. I surely hope so b/c I'd be lying if I said that I secretly didn't want to hook up with him all along. I even told Chica M that I was attracted to him when I was in my first area, but I fought against it.


So, I've been chatting with Chica M since then. Well, Thursday night she tells me that her husband(who is Delicioso's older bro)spoke to him. I about died of embarrasment until she told me that he didn't mention what we were thinking about or how I feel. He just mentioned that they are chatting with me and Delicioso didn't quite remember who I was by my last name, but when his brother reminded him who I was companions with he asked how I was doing and if I was married. When he was told that I was fine but still single and very pretty and slender he made this face which can best be described as piqued interest and jokingly said, "There's my passport to the US." His brother didn't find that too funny b/c he's protective of me. Then all of a sudden Delicioso remembered his girlfriend and said with a look of uncertainty or confusion, "Too bad this news arrived a little too late." To which his brother replied, "I know you aren't dead yet." Delicioso had no reply for that comment.

So, that conversation made me really happy, but still I had reservations. That is, until Chica M told me something she'd forgotten. We were talking about everything and she told me she'd supposed that I'd visit him. I told her I hadn't made any plans to. Then she said, "Oh! Did I tell you that he asked Lalo(her hubby) if when you come could he come to see you." Then she asked me what I thought of that. Honestly, my heart did a little flip flop in my chest when I read her words. She then said he can't be too in love with his girlfriend if he wants to come see me. I tend to agree b/c he's not a player. That's one thing I know. So, I'm definitely open to it if Lalo agrees. I know he's really protective of me and doesn't want to see me get hurt. I find that super sweet. She even put forth the idea that he might invite me to go out sometime. I wouldn't be adverse to that. She even said I might help him realize that he's making a mistake by dating a non member. We'll see.

I must admit that my interest is piqued. I'm excited and a little hesistant which is normal for me. In all honesty, I've been feeling this pull to go visit even before I reconnected with Chica M. Perhaps the Lord was preparing me for this. It's always been my dream to marry a Latino and raise beautiful brown bilingual babies! How's that for alliteration? So, I'm starting to save up money in hopes that I can buy a ticket to be down there for the 18 de Septiembre which is Chile's independence day. It's a fun celebration. Also, it's a cheap time to fly.

So, that's what has transpired in these last few weeks. I find it quite thrilling. I can't keep Delicioso out of my thoughts for long. It's a bit disconcerting, but in a good way.

It's late and I shall go to be immediately. Good night fair readers!

No comments: