Friday, October 19, 2007

Farts and other bodily functions...

I had a mission today: find 1st nephew aka Bam Bam a burstday present. I already knew what I wanted to get him I just had to find the darn thing!

After an excursion to Barnes and Noble with Kiwi a couple weeks ago, I happened upon an intriguing book titled Walter the Farting Dog. Once my eyes fell upon the title I knew I had to purchase said book for Bam Bam! This child is the master of all bodily noises. He's a ventriloquist farter. They are deadly and NEVER silent. Anyhoo, it's a family joke how stinky said loveable nephew is. So, I went first to Books-a-Million to see if they had it. They did, but it was quite expensive there. I then decided(thanks to the suggestion from AWAE) to see what Target had to offer. Not only did I find the book, but I also found a cool Nerf game that we can play now that it's beautiful fall weather out. Victory is mine!

I also found Josh Groban's Christmas album titled Noel . Le sigh. I bought it along with Home Alone, White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life to add to my Christmas paraphernalia. I also bought Sense and Sensibility and Steel Magnolias. Every Southern girl worth her grits needs to own a copy of Steel Magnolias. If she doesn't she should go hide herself under a huge pile of spanish moss and never come out. That's all I have to say about that.


Today is my day off and I am knackered. I spent the night last night at Bam Bam's house. He's been asking me to spend the night once a week when he's with his dad. He's too cute to turn down and his logic is irrefutable. I stayed up pretty late last night hence my knackered state.

Wendy and I were supposed to hang out with JG tonight, but his phone isn't working so I have no idea how to get in touch with him. We were going to try to go out to eat in Baton Rouge, but if we can't get in touch with him I don't know what we'll do. We'd planned this like two weeks ago and it'll make us sad if the plans fall through.

I have to work tomorrow half a day and then I'm off to Bam's burstday party to eat cake and play games all sorts. After that, the YSAs in my ward have a pumpkin carving party and BBQ at the Abel's house. It should be fun. I think I want to buy a small pumpkin and carve something cool. Or perchance I'll paint it. That would be cooler. We'll see.

Ok, I guess I'll get off here now and go finish washing my clothes and watching If A Man Answers with Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee.

Water is good.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Christmas "oaraphanalia?" Tee hee. You make me laugh with your Christmas obsessions. You are SO your mother's daughter. :o)

Lady Gwynyfwar said...

crap! You know with my OCD I have to go edit that now...