Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I love cake

My mom makes the best cakes in the world. This is quickly becoming a problem for me b/c I want to eat the parts she cuts off. Last night I almost died when I ate the crumbly parts of the white chocolate strawberry cake she was baking. Deluxe! I need to be cautious or I will pack on the pounds. Mummy's cakes are the devil! But they're heaven! Oh, the contradictions!

I am so loving this autumn weather! I wish I could live in a perpetual autumn. I find this time of year energizing. There's an added pep to my walk. I get to wear sweaters, scarves and hats! Hang the gloves, guv(unless I can find the kind that flip over to reveal the fingers)! All those clothes I bought in UT will NOT go to waste. If I have to do the cool weather dance to bring a cold stream in I will! (That would be me tapping into my Native American roots--inside joke for Ann With an E and I).

I'm still unhappy at my job. I wish I could find something I could be passionate about. I would like to have a job that even on the bad days I still love what I do. This is not the case with my current employment. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad job. I just feel that I am worth more than $9/hr. Especially since I have graduated from college with a degree. I have a car note now and I would rather not be scraping by with pocket change left in my account. It's rather disconcerting to feel like you don't make enough. I'm really going to start looking for something better. I have a car now so distance is NOT an issue!

Sidenote: My show October Road is coming back! I'm so excited! I got really into the lives of Nick and Hannah. Is it sad that I live vicariously through my favorite characters on tv or in movies? I have to experience romance SOMEHOW since it's so lacking in my life right now. I'm not complaining just stating a fact.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Tee hee. Loved the joke about the Native American roots. ;o) Your mommy does make the best cakes (and desserts in general). I wish there was a way for you to ship me samples without them getting stale and nasty. :o( Oh well, I can dream I guess.