Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Happiness...

There are no better things in life than being spiritually uplifted. Well, there is chocolate. hehehe... This weekend I got a badly needed recharge of my spiritual batteries. I absolutely loved General Conference!! There were so many things mentioned in the talks that were exactly what I needed to hear. I loved listening to the hymns being sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. There's something about those hymns that just buoys you up and carries you for the rest of the day. I'm so glad that the Lord gives us that twice a year. I definitely need it every time it comes around. Lately, I've been slacking off on my YSA activity. I realized that I can't get into that funk again. All that does is disconnect me from other people close to my age and definitely shrinks the playing field for meeting guys. So, even though there really aren't any guys around who spark my interest I will still go to things. I need to go to things. I need to be social and not anti-social. If I am anti-social I have no one but myself to blame but myself if I don't meet anyone. Also, slacking off on those minor activities leads to slacking off on the major things like church attendance and temple attendance. I cannot go down that road again! I struggled so hard to get myself back on the path. It scares me when I think about where I've been and where I could have possibly ended. Thank goodness for repentance.

This is me with renewed vigor and determination. I even got on Weight Watchers again. This funk had led me to my old habit of eating to comfort myself. I only gained 8 lbs, but that's too much after the struggle I've had the past 6 years with my weight. So, I'm going to be good and stop eating bad stuff for me. I'm also going to start walking again as exercise.

I'm going to Institute tonight. I have to get back in the swing of things. There is a friend that I need to make sure is okay. He's just come back into activity after 2 years. He's really needing support and friends. I've kinda let him down by not being at things this past week. Let's hope he's there tonight.

No comments: