Monday, January 14, 2008

Moodiness and weepies...

Another Monday has come and gone. Thank goodness this one wasn't insane. It was nice and normal. I could use some normalcy after the insane holiday work pace. Sheesh.

Sunday was an icky day. I had a mad case of the weepies. I have my monthly visitor so I'm a little hormonal. However, my baby sis and hubby gave talks in church on parenthood. This caused me to be at the brink of tears for an hour. I hate feeling that way. I don't usually get on my pitty pot, but I did yesterday. Today's kinda still one of those days. In the back of my mind is the sadness over the fact that I'm still unmarried and don't have babies. I want babies so badly. I know that's easy to remedy, but I want more than a DNA donor. Ya know?

I went to the CES Broadcast last night and it was excellent. I am so glad that I went b/c it was exactly what I needed to hear. Elder Tingey made me feel so much better about my situation. I came to some realizations last night. Well, not just last night but I became firm in my convictions about certain things:


1) I need to get out of debt. ASAP.
2) I need to apply to LSU so I can get my masters in Library Science

3) I need to move out of my parents' home so I can feel completely independent

So, I'm working on all three of those things beginning with LSU. I know that #1 & #3 will sort themselves out once I have accomplished #2. Perhaps #2 should really be #1, then. I am so excited to get started on this! I know that my life will finally have meaning to it once I have a career! I can't imagine working anywhere else with such enjoyment. I know I'm a dork, but I totally embrace my geekiness. I am not in dork denial.

So, I feel really good about those things. I really feel like my life will take off once I accomplish getting back into school. The down side is that it's LSU which means either commuting or moving. It will be worth it, though!

That's my truth!

P.S.--I am shipping the web cam back to Spain Boy. I am going to write him and tell him that it's for the best that I cut off ties with him altogether. I will tell him that I have carefully considered what has transpired and I know that I cannot be his friend.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm REALLY proud of you for going back to school. You're awesome! I have complete faith in you that you can accomplish ALL of your dreams. I'm sorry I was a baboon's ass the other night.

Lady Gwynyfwar said...

'tis okay...you're allowed one infraction and that's all, missy!