Monday, April 21, 2008

Another year older and wiser(?), too...

Before I start let me just say that Edward Norton is attractive. I don't know what it is about him, but I find him extremely appealing. It's weird, I know. I can't explain it. Yum.

Ok, so now begins my narrative of natal festivities. I ate dinner at Thai Greenleaf with G Girl on my actual birthday. We went back to her house and watched the new BBC Sense and Sensibility. It was really good. G Girl gave me silver jewelry cleaner, Mansfield Park, an I Love Lucy bookmark and the movie Atonement. She forgot I didn't watch R movies anymore. Oops. So, we came up with a good alternative. She also bought Becoming Jane(which I wanted) and decided to swap that out with me. It all worked out in the end!

Friday, I spent with Emmy. She gave me a box to put my Sharpies in. It's blue and matches my bedroom perfectly. Funny, that. We ate at Krystal. Yum! We also bought Nestle Tollhouse cookies to bake and eat while we watched 27 Dresses. Cute movie, by the way. James Marsden is delish!

Saturday was a family get together for mine and Lil Brudder's birthdays. We ate fajitas. Mom made her scrumptious strawberry cake. I got photo storage boxes from Ja Ja and Co and a cute Audrey Hepburn shirt from Lil Sister and Science Guy. Baby Brudder gave me a cute card. Saturday night I went to Wonder Pickle's apartment where some of my friends met for my birthday. Nice Guy and his sister gave me books 2 and 3 in the Twilight series. Wonder Pickle gave me cork boards, cute star tacks and Mary Kay eye makeup remover. So, I scored pretty well for my birthday.

Ann with An E sent me a fantabulous card. I have no idea how she finds these cards. They are always so perfect and describe our relationship to the "nth" degree. It made me very happy. She promises my gift is coming. Funny thing, it's not about the gifts. That card means more to me than Michael Bublé dipped in chocolate. Well, maybe not that much. Teeheehee...(all in jest, AWAE).

I am thankful for one more year of life and for all the lessons I've learned in that year. I hope to be able to learn from the trials to come. I know there are more to come because this life is a huge final exam. I just hope I keep studying enough to pass with flying colors!

P.S.--Mop Top showed up at Singles Ward this Sunday. The one Sunday I'm not there! Oh, the irony! Wonder Pickle said she brought me up in conversation and said good stuff about me. Let's hope he comes some more! Or, perhaps we'll go there one Sunday.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

i LOVE me some krystals...and the chics they serve are just scrumtious, aren't they? man...thsoe chili cheese fries are to die for (and you'll die in the bathroom after eating them, too...)....MAND...i need to go somewhere where they have that cute lil restaraunt...my fav! or on 2nd thought...my rolls need a BREAK!

Rachel said...

I am pretty good at card-giving, I must say. Can't wait to be there with you in 2 and a half weeks! And yes, the present is coming with me.