Saturday, May 10, 2008

Shennanigans...

For all my fair readers who wonder(or don't) what typically occurs when AWAE and I get together allow me enlighten yous(pronounced like a mobster would). The part of me will be played by, well, me(a stretch, I know). The part of AWAE will be played by Nubbs McGee(the nickname I gave her b/c she was tampering with the food disposal. Not smart. Not smart at all.)

Late Saturday night driving to Kiwi's house. May 3rd

Me: [after going on and on about Edward Norton]"It must be that time of the month for me. I can't seem to control myself when I see a really hot guy."


AWAE: [confused look] "Huh?"

Me: "You know. That time when I'm ripe for impregnation. Hehehe..."

AWAE: [realization dawning] "Oh, so you mean you're horny. Ewww."

Me: "Thanks for putting it that way. And, yes, I'm ovulating."

Gotta love me some AWAE.



Early Monday morning (disclaimer: we were VERY tired) May 5th

Me: [laying at the foot of her bed dozing off] "Agggghh!"(my reaction as I turn my head and come face to face with a pair of eyes staring at me point blank range)

AWAE:[jolted out of a deep sleep]"What!? What!?"


Me: "I'm okay. I'm okay. It was just some black child's face staring at me from the cover of the newspaper. He tried to kill me!"(exactly imitating the inflection of Margaret O'Brien's voice from Meet Me In St. Louis)

*Cue hysterical laughter from the both of us.

No sleep was to be had.

Remember how we made plans to go see Madewood Plantation? Umm, yeah. Heh. We were looking online and I begin asking her which one we saw last summer when she came down. She couldn't recall. So, we searched her blog and my pictures. Lo, and behold, it was Madewood. Yep, we would have driven all the way down to Vacherie only to discover that we'd already been there. We still don't know how we didn't remember the interior pictures of the place. I think it was the pitiful excuse of a tour the made us block it out. All we remembered of the trip was getting lost on the way there, the grounds of the plantation and eating at The Cabin. Go figure.

So, we decided to take Kiwi and Baby Boy and drive to St. Francisville and look around. Yet again, we drove to a plantation that she and I had already visited, Butler Greenwood. Do you see a pattern forming? Hehehehe...we decided to go anyway since we were pressed for time. Baby Boy got into some fire ants(not good), but he did get a peacock feather as a reward. (This would be the time that I mention I lost said peacock feather this evening driving home from work. I had my windows down and before I could grab it the wind swept it away where it tumbled down the median. Le sigh. )

All in all, it was great to see AWAE even if I didn't get to spend much time with her. It was way more important that she spend time with her mom.


We must begin our plans for my fall trip to The Land of Snow and Ice. I'm so excited!



1 comment:

Rachel said...

It was lovely to see you. Always good memories.