So, I have been thinking a lot about teaching abroad. More specifically, I have been wanting to teach ESL(English Second Language) in Chile. It's the only way I can think of doing something I love(speak Spanish) and be in the place I love(Chile). I have been researching various websites that offer programs. You can go down for 4 moths, 6 months, 8 months or a year! The cost is around $3,200 and it covers plane ticket, training/certification classes, transportation, living arrangements, medical insurance and you get a living stipend of $150-$170 *a month* as well. Plus, the salary is anywhere between $400-$500 *a month*. There are scholarships or grants you can get! It seems pretty amazing, especially since they offer a program in Concepción!!! So, I sent inquiries for paraphernalia and information so that I can see if it's something I'm able to do. I have a feeling it'll work out. It would be so completely wonderful to be able to go back and actually WORK, too! I'm single and I have nothing keeping me from doing it so why ever not? I haven't been able to get Chile out of my head for the past 3 months. It's been a persistent thought. So,cross your fingers for me that it all works out!Thursday, June 12, 2008
Chilena! Chilena! Chilena de corazón! *edited for clarification*
So, I have been thinking a lot about teaching abroad. More specifically, I have been wanting to teach ESL(English Second Language) in Chile. It's the only way I can think of doing something I love(speak Spanish) and be in the place I love(Chile). I have been researching various websites that offer programs. You can go down for 4 moths, 6 months, 8 months or a year! The cost is around $3,200 and it covers plane ticket, training/certification classes, transportation, living arrangements, medical insurance and you get a living stipend of $150-$170 *a month* as well. Plus, the salary is anywhere between $400-$500 *a month*. There are scholarships or grants you can get! It seems pretty amazing, especially since they offer a program in Concepción!!! So, I sent inquiries for paraphernalia and information so that I can see if it's something I'm able to do. I have a feeling it'll work out. It would be so completely wonderful to be able to go back and actually WORK, too! I'm single and I have nothing keeping me from doing it so why ever not? I haven't been able to get Chile out of my head for the past 3 months. It's been a persistent thought. So,cross your fingers for me that it all works out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds great! Is that money per week...per day...per month? Where would you stay? Sounds like you at least have plans to find things out. Keep your head up, and the Lord will direct you.
Buena suerte, chiquilla mia
I can't speak. Of course I want you to be happy, and do what you feel like you should be doing, and follow your dreams. But it terrifies me to think of you living in another country (for purely selfish reasons, not because I think you will be carried away by cannibals or something...not that I'm saying that there are cannibals in Chile.) Anyway, I just don't want to be in a seperate country from you. But of course you have to "follow your bliss" to use a cliche. I guess "after all, true friends are always together in spirit."
Post a Comment