Friday, September 12, 2008

After the storm...

So, this week has been crazy. Life is back to normal in the aftermath of Gustav. We had a little worry about Hurricane Ike, but it ended up going to Texas and will land not far from Houston. Phew! Thank goodness! Although, my thoughts and prayers go out to those in Texas now. It should be hitting tomorrow.

On another note: work SUCKED BIG HAIRY GOAT today! Thanks to ol' Ike deciding to beat other things other than Tina two of our salons lost power. This meant that I and another work companion had to call ALL the clients to reschedule them. 3 HOURS LATER...they get power back and expect us to call ALL those clients and ask them to come in! It put me in such a foul mood(briefly) that I had to listen to Limp Bizkit to calm me down. I know that seems like an oxymoron, but it works with me. It's failproof. Once I took my lunch break and came back I was ever so much happier. Frosties do that, you know.

This just continues to prove to me that I do NOT need to continue in this profession. At all. So, I will continue praying for guidance and continue looking for other avenues to make heaps of lettuce!






No comments: