Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm just a little caught in the middle life is a maze and love is a riddle...

Something really cool happened this past week. I got an email from one of my old college Spanish profesoras. She needed us to do something for her file in our system so I did it and then I wrote her back to let her know it was taken care of. I signed off with my name and put (one of your former Spanish/Linguistics students). Well, she replied! She called me by my nickname in class and said of course she remembered me. She also said she couldn't believe I was still in Hammond. (Sheesh) She asked me what I was doing. I replied and told her that I am trying to find a job in my field and am really thinking of getting certified to teach ESL(English as Second Language). She replied back and said we needed to meet for coffee(me for Italian creme soda) sometime to help me figure out what I really want to do and if it was ESL I could sign up for an online course for the Spring 2009 semester. So, we'll see!

This weekend was great. I read some excel
lent articles in the October issue of The Ensign that helped me figure some things out. Saturday night, I watched The General Relief Society Broadcast. The talks were so good. I especially enjoyed Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I've been floating aimlessly for quite some time now. His talk helped me to realize that I need to buckle down and figure out which ward I will be permanently attending. I need to be serving more which will allow the Lord to bless my life in the ways I so desperately need. I also realized that I need to inquire of the Lord concerning this choice of which ward to attend. He's the only one who knows where I will be of the most benefit. So, I will pray. One more cool thing. Sunday was Fast and Testimony Meeting. I bore my testimony in Spanish for the first time since I've been home from my mission. It was incredible! My heart was pounding so hard I thought it would leap out of my chest. I knew I had to get up there. So, I did. I'm so grateful that I did.

And now for something completely different.
..

I got to actually talk to Great Guy! Two days in a row! We talked on Skype which is
this really cool way of making phone calls for free. The cool thing is that the reception is crystal clear as if you were talking to someone on the telephone in the next city. I finally got to hear what his voice sounds like. It's oh-so-nice. Only my close friends will get the full impact of this...he sounds like Vito Corleone aka The Godfather! We talked Saturday until 12:45am. We had such a great time. We laughed and talked and found out we had even more things in common. At one point I had him laughing so hard that his mother came in to investigate. Whoops! She said hello to me and asked how I was. So, umm, yeah. Awkward. He told me we'd probably never get anything accomplished if we were ever together in person b/c we'd just cut up all the time. He said it'd be fun. I concur! We talked again last night til 12am. I think we will be talking more often now. My friend, Tsar, thinks Great Guy's hooked and that I've conquered his heart. Lol. Tsar is a romantic at heart. Gotta love 'im. He's definitely rooting for us to get together. I know that I'm not able to make an intelligent choice until we meet. What I do know is that we both like what we know of each other and that we are definitely attracted to each other. That's a good basis, but we need to meet. So, I'm going to continue to save money for a plane ticket and encourage him to go for that job in Mississippi.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad you had a great weekend. You deserve it. I loved the broadcast as well. Very powerful. It really helped me to refocus and renew my efforts. Love ya friend!