Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Volverte a ver... (To see you again)

I had the chance to talk to Great Guy Monday night. He signed in and immediately said, "Hola, Jen." I asked how he was to which he told me not too well...that he was a little sad. This immediately piqued my interest so I told him to tell me what was going on. Well, apparently his parents are going through a rough time(not marriage wise) and it's frustrating him as well as hurting him to see them being so apathetic to life. So, I immediately expressed my concern and gave him some scriptures that would help him. It made my heart hurt to see him so sad. I told him to take his time and read the scriptures and talk to me after he was done. He took a bit to read and ponder and then popped back on to say that he felt much calmer and at peace. He thanked me for being such a good friend to him and told me I was special. He told me I'd raised him up to another place. (This made "You Raise Me Up" pop into my head).

We then proceeded to have a good little chat filled with lots of flirting. This made me happy. We bantered back and forth and I was able to cheer him up and make him laugh. He told me I was very comical. He's pretty good at making me laugh as well. We are both dorks extraordinaire! This makes me happy. He mentioned to me that he was in a meeting at work that day and he learned about an opening for a good job in Mississippi and he thought of me immediately because he knew it was close to where I live. How cute is that?! Okay, okay I know. I need to stop.

We found out we have more things in common. We both want to raise our children to be bilingual in Spanish and English. I told him how hard it was to meet guys like that and he told me I needed to come to Chile. I told him I already have plans for that. I also said that there are things about Chile that I like and he asked like what...Chilean men? I said, only the tall ones. ;o) He said then he'd better be on that list! Hahaha...I told him I'd have to think about it. He also said either I come to Chile or he comes to US. Either way we'll get to see each other. We ended up chatting for 2 hours again. He told me our conversation made him really happy. I'm glad.

That's my truth.

No comments: